Protecting your private information is our priority. This Statement of Privacy applies to www.drmartybecker.com and governs data collection and usage.
Through our website (the “Site”), drmartybecker.com offers you access to and makes available to you (the “Services”) a variety of content, including without limitation our website, audio content, video content, text, publications, photos, images, blogs, resources, tools, links, code, and any other materials (collectively, the “Content“). This policy applies to your access to and use of the Services and Content. We are referred to herein as “we“, “us“, or “our“, and you will be referred to herein as “you” or “your.” The purpose of this policy is to inform you about the information we collect, how we use and share that information, and the ways in which you can control how we use and share that information. By accessing the Site, you agree to the terms of this policy and you expressly consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information in accordance with this policy.
- Categories of Personal Information We Collect
There are two categories of personal information we may collect from you through the Sites:
- Personally Identifiable Information: this is information that is identifiable to you, as an individual, which you may provide to the Sites if you register on the Sites and engage in any Site activities;
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: this is information commonly collected by many websites to track website usage and may include, for example, computer and server IP addresses, browser versions, pages most visited, duration and time of visit, and geographic location, but this information is not directly linked to you personally.
- Information We Receive or Collect From You
Newsletter Subscription Data: When you sign up for our free email newsletter, we ask you to provide certain information, which includes name and email address, which is stored and managed by a third party platform. This information is considered personally identifiable information.
Technical Information: We may collect certain non-personally identifiable technical information through the use of log files and servers. Web and application servers create log files automatically as part of their setup and configuration. Information in a log file may include IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, date/time stamps, MAC address, file requested, and other usage information and statistics.
Contact Information: If you choose to participate in certain features of the Services, you may provide us, and we may collect, your contact information, including your name, mailing address, and phone number (“Contact Information“).
Device Information: If you access and use the Services from a computer, mobile phone, tablet, automobile, or other electronic device, we may collect information about those devices. For example, our servers receive and store information about your computer and browser, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, and other related software or hardware information. If you access the Services from a mobile phone, tablet, automobile, or other electronic device, we may collect and store information such as device type, operating system version and type, unique identifiers (such as Android Advertising ID, VIN, MAC address, and IDFA), carrier, and other related information for that device.
- Information Collection Technologies
IP address tracking; An IP address is a number that’s automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider whenever you’re on the Internet. In addition to logging your IP Address, our server may also record the referring page that linked you to us (e.g., another web site or a search engine); the pages you visit and how long you stay on the Sites; and other Web usage activity and data. In some cases your IP address stays the same from browser session to browser session; but if you use a consumer internet access provider, your IP address probably varies from session to session
The Non-Personally Identifiable Information we collect may be used to measure the Sites’ traffic, help us to evaluate and improve the Sites, provide data points for marketing and business analysis, and better serve our Users. We may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with third parties, but only in an aggregate statistical form that includes no personally identifying information. If we combine Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Personally Identifiable Information, through data mapping or otherwise, the combined information will be treated as Personally Identifiable Information.
- How We Use Information We Receive or Collect
Generally: In general, we may use information or data we receive or collect, as well as data we derive or infer from combinations of the foregoing, for a variety of purposes, such as:
- To measure and analyze Services usage and enhance the member experience on our Services.
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as distributing electronic newsletters.
- To respond to queries sent via the website contact form.
Email Address: We do not sell, lease, rent, or otherwise share your email address with anyone. The only use we make of your email address is to respond to contact form queries and to send you our free email newsletter.
- How We Share Information We Receive or Collect With Others
- How We Use Personally Identifiable Information and Student Records. We use your Personally Identifiable Information to respond to your requests for information, and to send you the site’s free email newsletter if you have subscribed to it.
- We partner with third parties to send out emails on our behalf. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. They are not authorized to use your personal information for their own, unrelated purposes.
- If you elect to take advantage of certain features or services provided jointly by us and third parties, we may share certain information about you with those third parties for account authentication and management, and to enable the Services on their platforms.
- To measure and analyze Services usage.
Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information: We do not share personally identifiable information with third parties other than as described in this policy. However, we may share your information, including personally identifiable information, in order to (i) protect or defend our legal rights or property, or the legal rights of our business partners, employees, agents, and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements); (ii) protect the safety and security of our users or members of the public including acting in urgent circumstances; (iii) protect against fraud or to conduct risk management; or (iv) comply with the law, legal process, or legal requests. Additionally, we may share your data, including any personally identifiable information, with our successor in interest in the event of a corporate reorganization, merger, or sale of all or substantially all of our assets.
Sharing of Anonymized, Non-Personally Identifiable or Aggregated Data: We may share with third parties, advertisers, and/or business partners anonymized, non-personally identifiable, or aggregated data we receive or collect, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access the Services, or information about the tracks you listen to, thumb-up, thumb-down, or bookmark. The use and disclosure of such anonymized, non-personally identifiable, or aggregated information is not subject to any restrictions under this policy.
- Managing Your Information
If you are receiving emails from us, it is because we understood that you were interested in receiving ongoing information from us. If at any point you no longer wish to receive such communications, you may at any time “unsubscribe” from these communications by following the ‘opt out’ directions to be found at or near the end of the communication. If you have any questions about the opt-out process, you can contact us.
- Security and Content From Other Websites
Data Integrity: We will use personally identifiable information, if any, that we collect and receive from you in ways that are relevant and compatible with the purpose for which that information was collected or provided to us as more fully disclosed in this policy. We will take steps to ensure that all personally identifiable information collected, processed, and/or stored is protected from destruction, corruption, or use in a manner inconsistent with the purpose for which we received it.
- Our Policies Concerning Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from, anyone under 16 years of age. In the event we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected information from children under the age of 16, we will take measures to remove such information from our servers. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 16, please contact us.
DrMartyBecker.com welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that we have not adhered to this Statement, please contact us.