Friends, it’s been a long road and we hit a few curves at high speed along the way, but today marks the official release of my newest book, From Fearful to Fear Free: A Positive Program to Free Your Dog from Anxiety, Fears, and Phobias. It’s available now from Amazon.
I co-authored From Fearful to Fear Free with two of the country’s leading veterinary behaviorists, Dr. Lisa Radosta and Dr. Wailani Sung, and my daughter, trainer Mikkel Becker. All the authors are Fear Free Certified, and we’re all deeply committed to setting pets free from fear, anxiety, and stress (FAS) — not just at the vet, but in every single moment of their lives. At the groomer, at the trainer, while being boarded, and of course, in their homes (which is also why I founded FearFreeHappyHomes.com).
Whether your dog is afraid or suffers anxiety while going to the vet, when around other dogs or strange people, when he’s left alone, during thunderstorms or fireworks, or while getting his nails trimmed, this book will help you help him. And if you’re smart and lucky enough to have a confident, happy dog already, then I guarantee this book will help someone you know. As a veterinarian, I know how tragically common fear and anxiety have become in our dogs.
Here are some of the things the book covers:
- The most effective prescription sedatives for keeping dogs calm and happy during thunderstorms, fireworks, and other stressful events
- The positive steps you can take to keep your pet occupied, calm, and content while you’re away at work or play
- Simple, practical tactics for helping your dog learn to love going to the veterinarian’s office―literally pulling you into the practice instead of avoiding it!
- How to easily groom your dog and give him medication
- Tips to tame the chaos when guests arrive in your home or when your dog encounters other dogs and people on walks
- Ways to tackle some of the common behavior issues that often have a root cause of FAS, while also improving your communication and bond with your pet
I would be deeply honored if you’d read From Fearful to Fear Free. I’ve written 25 books that have sold more than 8 million copies, including three New York Times best-sellers — one of which is the fastest-selling pet book of all time, Chicken Soup for the Pet-Lovers Soul. But this is the one I’m most proud of. This is the one I believe will bring more comfort and happiness to pets and their people than any other book of mine.
You can buy it here. Thank you, my friends!