Does your cat need to see the veterinarian?
He may not show obvious signs of illness, but you should take him in if you notice the following changes in appearance or behavior:
- Discharge from eyes or nose
- Change in eye color
- Loss of appetite for more than a day
- Unusual or excessive vocalizations
- Blood in the litter box
- Urinating outside the litter box, especially if the stain has a pinkish tinge, indicating blood
- Unusually high activity levels
- Unexplained weight loss
- Excessive vomiting
- Unusual thirst or urination
- Hiding for prolonged periods
Read more, including tips on going camping with your dogs, in Pet Connection, the weekly nationally syndicated pet feature I co-write with Kim Campbell Thornton and my daughter, trainer Mikkel Becker.